- From time to time, Special Event Challenges will appear on the player's challenge tab.
- Special Event Challenges are similar to Classic Challenges, offering the same rewards and the same set of rules apply to both, while also possessing a similar matchmaking system separate from ladder play. However, special event challenges have certain special conditions.
- If the challenge ends and your current challenge attempt has not yet reached 12 wins or 3 losses, you will be given the prize of your current number of wins
Past Special Event Challenges
- The first Special Event Challenge was the "King's Cup" named after the official tournament of the same name, which started on UTC 16:00 4/11/16 through UTC 16:00 8/11/16, lasting 4 days. It cost 5 to enter and players were given one free entry. In the King's Cup, players were assigned a random themed deck at the start of each round. These decks may contain cards the player does not own and also levels up or down any under-leveled or over-leveled card to tournament rules levels.
- Each deck contained 6 predefined cards and 2 random cards.
- The table below lists the decks given to the player in the "King's Cup".
- The second Special Event Challenge was the "Double Elixir Challenge", which started on UTC 8:00 18/11/16 through UTC 8:00 21/11/16 and lasted for 3 days. Like the King's Cup Challenge, it cost 5 to enter and players were given one free entry. In this Special Event, players can choose whatever deck they like. As the name suggests, the Elixir regenerates at double the rate throughout the whole match. Players also start at 0 Elixir instead of 5. However, in the last minute of the match and in overtime, it still generates at 2× rate, instead of 4×.
- The third Special Event Challenge was the "Blind Deck Challenge", which started on UTC 8:00 2/12/16 through UTC 8:00 5/12/16 and lasted for 3 days. Like both of the Special Event Challenges preceding it, it cost 5 to enter and players were given one free entry. In this Special Event, players were assigned a completely random deck at the start of each round, titled "Random Mix". Like the King's Cup Challenge, these decks may contain cards the player does not own.
- The fourth Special Event Challenge was the "Crown Duel Challenge", which started on UTC 8:00 16/12/16, and was playable in Friendly Battles on 15/12/16. Like the other Special Event Challenges before it, it cost 5 to enter and players were given one free entry. Players will not need to pay in friendly battles. In this Special Event, players may choose cards from two cards randomly given. The chosen one will be theirs while the other goes to their opponent's deck. They and their opponent select 4 cards, resulting in a total of 4 that you picked, and 4 that your opponent did not pick.
- The fifth Special Event Challenge was the "Electro Wizard Challenge", which started on UTC 8:00 23/12/16 through UTC 8:00 26/12/16 and lasted for 3 days. But it was not playable in the friendly battle. In this Special Event, players may build a deck that contains Electro Wizard. They will have access to cards that they haven't unlocked yet, and all cards are adjusted to tournament rules levels. At 12 wins, you will receive the top prize which is guaranteed to include the Electro Wizard card, and the player will also be able to get the Electro Wizard card from other chests before its general release.
- Unlike the other Special Event Challenges that preceded it, it had rewards equivalent to that of a Grand Challenge. Although the first entry was still free, it cost 100 for every subsequent entry.
- It is also the first challenge that did not have a 50% discount. The previous challenges based on the Classic Challenge only required 5 of the 10 . The Electro Wizard Challenge cost the full 100 of the Grand Challenge.
- This Challenge was the first challenge where you can get a guaranteed Legendary card at 12 wins. It is also possible to obtain another Legendary card out of the same 12-win Electro Wizard Challenge chest. This makes it the only chest that can contain more than one Legendary card at that time.
- The sixth Special Event Challenge was the "Double Elixir Challenge", which started on UTC 8:00 6/1/17 through UTC 8:00 9/1/17 and lasted for 3 days. It became playable in Friendly Battles on 5/1/17. The rules were the same as the second Special Event, but players weren't given a free entry, costs 50 for each entry, and the rewards were half of the Grand Challenge. Players will not need to pay in friendly battles.
- The seventh Special Event Challenge was the "Draft Challenge", which started on UTC 8:00 20/1/17 through UTC 8:00 23/1/17 and lasted for 3 days. It became playable in Friendly Battles on 19/1/17. The mechanics and gameplay of the challenge were identical to that of the Crown Duel Challenge. However, it had no free entries, but there were two versions of the Draft Challenge; a Classic Draft Challenge and a Grand Draft Challenge, which had the same entry costs and rewards as a Classic Challenge and a Grand Challenge respectively. It retroactively renamed the fourth Special Event Challenge, the "Crown Duel Challenge", to the "Draft Challenge". Players who participated in the fourth Special Event Challenge also had it listed as "Draft Challenge" in the tournament section of the activity log.
- The eighth Special Event Challenge was the "Battle Ram Challenge", which started on UTC 8:00 3/2/17 and lasted for 3 days, but was not playable in Friendly Battles. Like the Electro Wizard Challenge, players build a deck containing the Battle Ram, and have access to all cards, which are adjusted to tournament levels. However, players only need to achieve at least 5 wins in order to obtain a guaranteed Battle Ram; more wins will guarantee more Battle Ram cards. The table below lists the guaranteed number of Battle Rams for differing numbers of wins. The Battle Ram Challenge is divided into two versions, much like the Draft Challenge: a Classic Battle Ram Challenge and a Grand Battle Ram Challenge, both having the same entry costs and rewards as the Classic Challenge and Grand Challenge respectively. Players are given a free entry for the Classic Battle Ram Challenge, which will not be expended if the player participates in the Grand Battle Ram Challenge first.
- The ninth Special Event Challenge was the Draft Challenge. It was available in Friendly Battles from 16/2/17 8:00 UTC until 20/2/17 8:00 UTC and the Challenge started on 17/2/17 8:00 UTC . This challenge is mostly identical to the earlier Draft Challenge, the only difference being that there is now a free entry for the Classic Draft Challenge.
- The tenth Special Event Challenge was a Draft Challenge. It was available in Friendly Battles from 2/3/17 8:00 UCT until 6/3/17 8:00 UCT and the Challenge started on 3/3/17 8:00 UCT.
- The eleventh Special Event Challenge was the "Bandit Draft Challenge" which started on UTC 8:00 17/3/17 and lasts for 3 days. The challenges gameplay was the same as the "Draft Challenge" but one of the players is guaranteed to have a Bandit as a selection. One twist about this challenge though, was that there are One Time Rewards. Once you get to a certain amount of wins you will be able to claim the rewards. If you restart the challenge and accrue wins up to the point of the one-time reward, you will not be able to claim them again. These rewards can be found in the table below.
- It has half the rewards of a Grand Challenge, but has one free entry and then it will cost 100 for every entry after that.
- This is the first Special Event Challenge in which players can aim for the Challenge Chest, the Crown Chest and the Clan Chest simultaneously, as its duration almost coincides with a Clan Chest event.
|King's Cup Decks|
The Frozen Hog
The Raging Balloon
Mirror, Miner, Muskies
|Guaranteed Battle Rams in Battle Ram Challenge|
|Wins||Classic Challenge||Grand Challenge|
|One Time Rewards in Bandit Draft Challenge|
|Wins||One Time Reward|
*The chest rewards are based on your current Arena and can be instantly opened.