The Magic Archer card is unlocked from the Electro Valley (Arena 11) or a Legendary Chest. He is an area damage, long-ranged troop with moderate damage and hitpoints. The Magic Archer shoots arrows which go linearly to damage the his target and any other units in the arrow's path. A Magic Archer card costs 4 Elixir to deploy.
- The Magic Archer is excellent at countering buildings in the opponent's territory due to his long range while also surviving spells like The Log, Zap and Arrows.
- When he shoots a Princess Tower, his arrow goes through the Tower. This can be used to hit troops behind a Tower, although it is very unlikely the opponent will deploy a troop behind a Tower whilst the Magic Archer is attacking it.
- Due to his fast hitspeed and his arrow's ability to go through other troops, he can defeat swarms such as the Goblin Gang and Skeleton Army. He can also completely destroy a Minion Horde with the help of a Princess Tower.
- A Fireball or Poison can completely destroy a Magic Archer for a neutral Elixir trade, but hitting other targets with the said spell will make the move more advantageous.
- He is a very effective counter to the Graveyard, as he shoots rapidly and his arrows can hit multiple Skeletons at once. Also, his range allows him to be placed behind the King's Tower, where he cannot be touched.
- When a troop or building is in front of a Princess Tower, you can play the Magic Archer directly in front of it to damage both the said troop or building, and the Princess Tower. Thus, when countering him at the bridge, never place a unit in front of him because he will shoot through that unit, chipping the Tower too. With that said, it is much more efficient to deploy a unit next to him, so his arrows will not pierce through that unit and hit the Tower.
- The Magic Archer can be effectively used with the Tornado to cripple or even defeat large groups of enemy troops. The Tornado will group up all the troops, and the Magic Archer will constantly shoot them, dealing quite a bit of damage, all due to his ability to pierce multiple troops with his projectile. Use his long range to your advantage, as well, because the enemy troops will most likely be unable to attack him if placed far enough away.
- The Magic Archer card was added to the game on 2/3/18.
- On 25/4/18, a balance update increased the Magic Archer's projectile speed, making him less likely to miss faster moving troops.