Gold is the basic resource of Clash Royale. Gold can be used to upgrade Cards, buy cards from the Shop, or to create a Clan. Gold is found in Chests, received from donating Cards to your Clan, and earned from winning multiplayer battles. It can also be bought with Gems.
How to Find Gold
- Gold is found in every chest, except for the Epic and Legendary chests. The amount varies based on the chest. See the Chests page.
- You can also get Gold by donating cards. You get 5 Gold for each common card, 50 Gold for each rare card, and 500 Gold for each epic card donated.
- After you have maxed out a Card, you can still store additional copies of that Card in your collection, with the number of copies you can store depending on its rarity (100 Common, 10 Rare, 5 Epic and 1 Legendary). Any additional copies above this limit will automatically be converted into gold; with Common cards being worth 5 Gold, Rare cards being worth 50 Gold, Epic cards being worth 500 Gold and Legendary cards being worth 20,000 Gold.
- You can earn Gold by winning an Arena match, 2v2 match, or a Custom Tournament match. This can be done a maximum of 20 times daily (counting wins across all of these types of matches).
- Gold purchases have discounts. Bigger purchases cost less gems per gold.
- You can also purchase Gold for the following amounts of Gems:
- Use your Gold to upgrade your cards; however, the amount needed increases as the card levels increase.
- In addition, you can buy extra cards from the Shop, with an average cost of 10 Gold for Common, 100 for Rare, 1,000 for Epic and 40,000 for Legendary cards.
- Epic Chests can also be purchased with Gold when it is available in an offer.
- You also need 1,000 Gold to start a Clan.
- On 3/5/16, the May Update increased the maximum Gold cap to 1,000,000 (from 500,000).
- On 15/12/16, the December Update decreased the amount of Gold required to buy Epic cards in shop by 50%.
- The maximum amount of Gold any player can have at one time is 1,000,000 Gold.
- The Gem to Gold ratio from each pack is 16.6 gold per gem for the Pouch of Gold, 20 gold per gem for the Bucket of Gold, and 22.2 gold per gem for the Wagon of Gold.