- Gems are the premium currency of Clash Royale.
- When players first download the game, they begin with 100 Gems. Additional Gems can be earned in-game by completing Achievements, opening Chests, or purchased with real money.
- Free Chests and Crown Chests are the only chests to contain gems, containing 2-4 gems.
- Free Chests don't always contain Gems, but Crown Chests always do.
Gems can be purchased from the shop for the following amounts: (All amounts in USD)
|Image in Shop||Price (USD)||Gems||Name||Gems per Dollar (USD)|
|$0.99||80||Fistful of Gems||80 gems / 1 dollar|
|$4.99||500||Pouch of Gems||100 gems / 1 dollar|
|$9.99||1 200||Bucket of Gems||120 gems / 1 dollar|
|$19.99||2 500||Barrel of Gems||125 gems / 1 dollar|
|$49.99||6 500||Wagon of Gems||130 gems / 1 dollar|
|$99.99||14 000||Mountain of Gems||140 gems / 1 dollar|
- Main article: Shop
- You can skip the opening of Chests with your Gems. Every 10 minutes worth of the remaining unlocking time that is skipped costs 1 Gem.
- You can buy Gold and Chests for Gems.
- You can also start Tournaments using Gems.
Obtaining Gems Without Purchase
- Gems are also available to be found inside the Free Chest and Crown Chest. However, you can not find gems in the Silver, Golden, Magical, Giant, or Super Magical Chests.
- Gems can also be earned by completing Achievements.
- Clash Royale is the second Supercell game to feature a $0.99 premium currency package. (The first one was Hay Day, which allowed you to spend $0.99 to purchase a "Pile of Coins").
- The Barrel of Gems looks similar to that of the Goblin Barrel.
- The Pouch of Gems looks different from the one Goblins carry in Clash of Clans, as it is slightly lighter in color and lacks holes and patches.