- Gems are the premium currency of Clash Royale.
- When players first download the game, they begin with 100 Gems. Additional Gems can be earned in-game by completing Achievements, opening Chests, or purchased with real money.
Gems can be purchased from the shop for the following amounts: (All amounts in USD)
|Image in Shop||Price (USD)||Gems||Name||Gems per Dollar (USD)|
|$0.99||80||Fistful of Gems||80 gems / 1 dollar|
|$4.99||500||Pouch of Gems||100 gems / 1 dollar|
|$9.99||1 200||Bucket of Gems||120 gems / 1 dollar|
|$19.99||2 500||Barrel of Gems||125 gems / 1 dollar|
|$49.99||6 500||Wagon of Gems||130 gems / 1 dollar|
|$99.99||14 000||Mountain of Gems||140 gems / 1 dollar|
- Main article: Shop
- You can skip the opening of Chests with your Gems. Every 10 minutes worth of the remaining unlocking time that is skipped costs 1 Gem.
- You can buy Gold and Chests for Gems.
- Occasionally, packs of cards will be offered for Gems in the shop. This usually occurs when a card is showcased in some form (due to a Special Event Challenge of some sort) or is newly released. In this case, cards can also be purchased with Gems.
- You can also start Tournaments and Challenges using Gems.
Obtaining Gems Without Purchase
- Gems are also available to be found inside the Free Chest and Crown Chest; both can contain 2-4 gems. The Free Chest does not guarantee gems; but the Crown Chest will always contain gems. Gems will not appear in any other chest.
- Gems can also be earned by completing Achievements.
- Clash Royale is the second Supercell game to feature a $0.99 premium currency package. (The first one was Hay Day, which allowed you to spend $0.99 to purchase a "Pile of Coins").
- The Barrel of Gems looks similar to that of the Goblin Barrel.
- If the language is set to Japanese, you can see how many gems you have got for free and how many you have purchased, by tapping on the amount of gems on the upper right corner.