Gems are the premium currency of Clash Royale. When players first download the game, they begin with 100 Gems. Additional Gems can be earned in-game by completing Achievements and Quests, opening Chests, or purchased with real money. They can be used to unlock Chests instantly, buy Chests and Gold, and more.
Gems can be purchased from the shop for the following amounts: (All amounts in USD)
|Image in Shop||Price (USD)||Gems||Name||Gems per Dollar (USD)|
|$0.99||80||Fistful of Gems||80 gems / 1 dollar|
|$4.99||500||Pouch of Gems||100 gems / 1 dollar|
|$9.99||1 200||Bucket of Gems||120 gems / 1 dollar|
|$19.99||2 500||Barrel of Gems||125 gems / 1 dollar|
|$49.99||6 500||Wagon of Gems||130 gems / 1 dollar|
|$99.99||14 000||Mountain of Gems||140 gems / 1 dollar|
- Main article: Shop
- You can skip the opening of Chests with your Gems. Every 10 minutes worth of the remaining unlocking time (or part thereof) that is skipped costs 1 Gem.
- You can buy Gold, Cards and Chests for Gems.
- You can also start Tournaments and Challenges using Gems.
Obtaining Gems Without Purchase
- Gems can be found inside Crown and Free Chests; they will contain 2-4 gems.
- Gems can also be earned by completing Achievements and Quests.
- Occasionally, some free Gems can be found as a daily deal in the Shop.
- Clash Royale is the second Supercell game to feature a $0.99 premium currency package. (The first one was Hay Day, which allowed you to spend $0.99 to purchase a "Pile of Coins").
- The Barrel of Gems looks similar to that of the Goblin Barrel.
- If the language is set to Japanese, you can see how many gems you have got for free and how many you have purchased, by tapping on the amount of gems on the upper right corner.