Hello people of the internet, my name's Bane of Potato and today I will attempt to make a Sparky deck suggestion. She doesn't receive a lot of love, so perhaps this deck will make you use that card lurking somewhere amongst the others.
Disclaimer: This deck is original and of my own creation. Any similarities to other decks online are purely coincidental. Please don't accuse me of plagiarism. :(
Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments section below. :)
- Page Created by: Bane of Potato
- Minimum Recommended King Level: 8
- Maximum Recommended King Level: 10
- Arena Required: Frozen Peak
- Average Elixir Cost: 3.6
- Sparky: Although more than capable at destroying towers, that isn't her main role here. Her role is to slay tanks and act as a psychological weapon. She forces the opponent to spend elixir to defend and puts pressure on them. She should be used in conjunction with Valkyrie. When shutting down pushes, clump the enemy troops together with tornado to maximise Sparky's area damage.
- Elite Barbarians: Possibly the most unforgiving card in the game right now. For the opponent that is. On their own, they can be used to rush the enemy tower. Place the Ice Golem in front and ready the Zap for pretty much everything else. If they place a tank to distract, try and pull it behind the tower so that the Elite Barbarians focus on the tower instead.
- Valkyrie: She is your main tank and defense against swarms. She pairs nicely with Sparky and Elite Barbarians as she clears the way to the crown towers. You should avoid using her to tank Archers or Skeleton Army unless you're defending.
- Ice Golem: Excellent value for just 2 elixir. He can kite troops and lure them to the other lane and is quite durable. Even when he dies he's useful, slowing nearby foes, killing Skeletons, and crippling Minions. He should be used to tank for Skeleton Army, Archers or Elite Barbarians. He should not be the main tank for Sparky, rather a complimentary sacrifice to Minions (Zap them and let Ice Golem bring about his revenge!).
- Archers: Archers are amazing at defence and support. They can nullify Barbarians, Miners, Skeleton Army, air troops, and even Princes if placed correctly. Pair them with Ice Golem/Zap or Valkyrie to take out larger pushes. But be cautious, Archers are your only lasting air-defence.
- Skeleton Army: For only 3 elixir, they can do amazing things. They can take out the Bowler, Witch (unless the Witch can 1-shot your skeletons), Wizard, and Barbarians for instance. How? They either have point or directional splash damage. This means that troops will never attack fast enough to take out the skeletons before they get taken out. It also means that even though Bowlers (continual damage but same thing, 'innit?), Witches, and Wizards do splash, they can only splash left or right, not everywhere, which is why sending the Skeleton Army against Bomber (can throw it at his feet) or Valkyrie would not be smart. They also act as a Zap magnet. Send Elite Barbarians with the survivors of the army to achieve a mutual meat-shield. Skeletons survive or the Elite Barbarian survive.
- Zap: 2 elixir, instant effect, and stuns. Amazing at saving your Elite Barbarians from your opponents Skeleton Army and a great counter to Inferno Towers. A simple must have.
- Tornado: Tornado is a fun card that offers so much, but it rarely gets used. It can be used to activate your King Tower early, lane switch units, move units out the way and offer 3 seconds of area denial. It can greatly increase the effectiveness of Sparky, Elite Barbarians, Skeleton Army and Archers by clumping them up or moving them into strategic locations.
Start of Match
At the start of the match, depending on the cards in your hand, you can have a choice of 4.
- Do a double lane push. Place Sparky behind your King Tower. When she's 1 tile away from the bridge, place Valkyrie in front. Place Elite Barbarians on the opposite lane
- Tornado one of the following troops towards your King Tower: Miner, Hog Rider, Ice Golem, Elite Barbarians, Goblins
- Rush the opponent with Ice Golem and Elite Barbarians when you reach 8 elixir.
- Split your Archers and play the waiting game.
If you chose 4, wait for them to make their move and respond accordingly.
- If they place a support troop at the back, place Sparky on the same lane and ready your Tornado/Skeleton Army/ Elite Barbarians to counter on the other lane. Then tank the Sparky with Ice Golem and support with Archers or hover Zap over Ice Golem. Unless you used Tornado, you should have a mini counter push an the other side.
- If they rush you with Elite Barbarians, counter with Tornado/Ice Golem and Valkyrie. If They rush you with Hog Rider, use Tornado or play an off-set Skeleton Army (and hope they don't zap it all anyway).
Main Counters to this Deck and How to Deal with Them
- Giant Skeleton: This is the easiest to counter. If they play a sacrificial Giant Skeleton right on top of your Sparky, Tornado it towards their tower. The Giant Skeleton will have tanked a blast and be weakened. The tank in front of Sparky should finish it off or distract. Then Sparky rolls over and blasts the tower. If he plants the Giant Skeleton in front of your Elite Barbarian push, it's even easier! Just Tornado it behind the tower and shred their tower as they won't expect it the first time.
- Barbarians: They are an excellent counter to Sparky if they surround you with them. The first time you probably won't be able to react, but the second time is the time to have vengeance. They will place the Barbarians feeling all smug, but you will Tornado them away. The Barbarians will each get a hit off, but the Tornado will drag them away and make them retarget to the tank in front. The Barbarians won't attack the Sparky for at least 2.5 seconds and in that time, the Sparky should blast them to smithereens and save the tanks butt. If they are repeatedly countering your Elite Barbarians with them then consider placing Valkyrie in front or using Skeleton Army as a Trojan Horse.
- All thing Minion: The first time you will fall prey to them. The second time you will either Ice Golem, Zap them, or play Zap and Archers.
- Lava Hound: The absolute bane of this deck. You have 2 options when your against a Lava Hound deck. Use Archers against the Lava Hound and pray they don't have Fireball while kiting the Mega Minion, Baby Dragon and other Minions with Ice Golem, lane switch them and lure them back to their side with Elite Barbarians or Tornado the Lava Hound to the King tower and use Archers, Ice Golem and Zap to take out the rest. Either way it's a lot of ouch. Or you could just rush the other side with Elite Barbarians.
- Chip Decks: Give up all hope of using Sparky. Too many Goblin Barrels, Miners, Spear Goblins, and all the rest of it. Focus on doing the double lane push stated in #1
- Armour Mayhem: The Guards/Dank Prince will be a nuisance but your Valkyrie will clear them up. However, Sparky will still blast them so you'll have to use Tornado to keep the other counters at bay.
- Rushing that One side and generally being annoying: Typically, the moment you place Sparky for that unstoppable double lane push, they will rush you with Elite Barbarians, a Hog Rider or Miner combo. Fear not, Tornado the troops to the center and let Sparky do the rest. For the Miner combo, use Ice Golem to distract.
At this point in the match, this deck absolutely shines. You can get MASSIVE Sparky pushes and then rush the other lane simultaneously to pressure the opponent to a point where he makes that one mistake and your Sparky gets that final shot off, or the Elite Barbarians take out the other tower. But now is also the time where one mistake can have drastic consequences. If you decide to support Sparky with Skeleton Army or create a death ball, you're just asking to get Zapped or Fireballed. Always try to pressure both lanes at once to make sure that they can't make their perfect push. And remember not to rely on Sparky too much. She is there to destroy tanks and make them panic.