Hello people of the Internet, my name's Bane of Potato and today I have a powerful Graveyard deck. This deck utilizes one of the most destructive combos in the game, the Frozen GraveRider. It can obliterate towers in seconds and is incredibly difficult to defend against.
Disclaimer: This deck is original and of my own creation. Any similarities to other decks online are purely coincidental. Please don't accuse me of plagiarism. :(
Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments section below. :)
- Page Created by: Bane of Potato
- Minimum Recommended King Level: 8
- Maximum Recommended King Level: 11
- Arena Required: Builder's Workshop
- Average Elixir Cost: 3.8
- Hog Rider: For 4 Elixir, you get this beast of a card. He has 1000+ health, high DPS, fast movement speed and can targets buildings! This card is your main win condition, synergizing it with Freeze, Graveyard, Valkyrie or maybe even all of the results in devastating combos.
- Graveyard: They are a spooky crew that appear anywhere on the map! This card is pretty useless on its own so you'll have to pair it with a Valkyrie, Freeze or Hog Rider to destroy the Arena Towers. Alternatively, you could use as a superior defense to distract for 8 seconds as it is invulnerable to splash and most spells, with the exception being Poison (incredibly low usage rates in the current meta).
- Freeze: A high-risk, high reward card. On one hand, it can make your troops lethal and nullifies the opponent's defences. However, this card basically encourages your opponent to build a larger counter-push, so you'll need to make sure you have enough troops on the field to take out theirs (and hopefully the tower as well). Should be used with Hog Rider for more damage.
- Valkyrie: Valkyrie has 360º splash, is a mini-tank and only costs 4 Elixir. What's not to like? She should be your main horde clearer is you have more than 5 Elixir, as you can use her to tank for Hog Rider afterwards, resulting in a deadly combo. Also, if the opponent plays a Momentum Push, you can place Valkyrie behind the enemy Giant and take out the support units and tanking for either Skeleton Army or Minion Horde while they take out the Giant.
- The Log: The best positive Elixir trader in the game. When timed right, it can take out Princess, Ice Wizard, Goblin Barrel, Archers, Wizards and Skeleton Army directly or with the help of a Crown Tower. It's unique casting mechanic provides valuable area denial when pushing with Hog Rider and stuns/knocks back troops. It should be used with Hog Rider unless the opponent has Princess, in which case you reserve it solely for her unless a certain situations require it.
- Arrows: Like Log but for 1 extra Elixir, you can take out air units and cover a wider AEO. With the rise of the Goblin Barrel, Arrow is your secondary line of defense against it and your primary defense to the popular Lavahound decks and Miner Minion Horde combo.
- Skeleton Army: This spooky scary crew should be used to eradicate Barbarians, Musketeer, Witch, Bowler, Wizard and pretty much all ground troops which aren't Bomber or Valkyrie. Skeleton Army can act as Cannon fodder for the Hog Rider. However, it is liable to Zap so be aware to either switch up your placement or use your Minion Horde instead.
- Minion Horde: High-risk, high-reward version of Skeleton Army but with the benefit of not being susceptible to zap. Minion Horde crushes troops easily without being harmed and be turned into a potentially lethal counter push if the opponent's spell is out of hand. However, it susceptible to splash so be wary of Wizards, Witches and Executioner. It should mainly be used on defense so you can turn it into a counter-push.
Like Graveyard, you can span units directly on the tower. Goblin Barrel deals more initial damage than Graveyard but is soon quickly left behind in defence. Adds a chip option to wear down the tower and cycles your deck a little bit better.
They may not fly but unlike Minion Horde, they act as a distraction and physical barrier to ground troops. They have the beautiful ability to take out Elite Barbarians, Hog Riders, tanks and supporting units. If they survive then you can use them to meat-shield for your hog pushes.
Due to the rise of the Goblin Barrel, it is basically useless against the new meta. However, it still provides incredible value as it costs 2 elixir, instant effect and stuns. It's The Log but with less swag and easier to obtain.
Start of Match
At the start of the match, depending on the cards in your hand, you can have a choice of openers:
- Do a high-risk, high-reward Frozen GraveRider push (has a long wind up time)
- Hog Rider, Valkyrie and Freeze push
- Basic Hog+spell
- Play the waiting game
If you chose 4 then you will most likely have none of the cards or combinations needed to do a push. If they rush you with Elite Barbarians then you will need to use the Skeleton Army. Unfortunately, it will most likely be Zapped so you'll have to place your Minion Horde as well. But luckily, if you have even 1 neurone in your skull, you'll be prepared. If you want to use that undefendable Frozen GraveRider push you'll have to wait till 9.5 elixir, place your Hog Rider at the back, wait for the Hog Rider to be 2 tiles away from the bridge, place Graveyard and Freeze any counters.
Main Counters to this Deck and How to Deal with Them
- Minions/Barbarians: They can shut down Graveyard but their useless when their frozen.
- Minion Horde: The first time will catch you out but the second time, you'll need to play a slightly delayed prediction Arrows as freezing them will result in one almighty counter push. Unless in overtime, this will probably cost you the Freeze.
- Skeleton Army: Depending on their placement, you can either use The Log/Prediction Arrows, Freeze and then Log it all afterwards or use Hog Valk combos.
- Building: You can ignore Tombstone (prediction Log) but Inferno Tower? Depending on the situation, it may make sense to freeze just the Crown Tower and troops around it over the defensive building and vice versa.
- Princess: She can take out the Graveyard aspect of Frozen GraveRider but not the Hog Freeze. If it really bothers you, use Valk Hog Freeze.
- Spaced out troops: Let's just say that they can't counter the Hog Rider if they focus on the Graveyard and vice versa
Please note that cards are in order of placement. These are only suggestions and can be changed to fit the situation.
- Valkyrie+Hog Rider (rush) (match opener)
- Valkyrie+Hog Rider+Freeze (rush) (tower )
- Hog Rider(placed at back)+Graveyard(when Hog 3 tiles from bridge)+Freeze (momentum) (super combo)
- Hog Rider(placed at bridge)+Graveyard(immediately after Hog)+Freeze (rush) (super combo)
- Valkyrie+Skeleton Army (counter) (Elite Barbarian+Splash Damage) (zap not in opponent's hand)
- Valkyrie+Minion Horde (counter) (Elite Barbarian+Splash Damage) (zap in opponent's hand)
- Valkyrie(next to Crown Tower)+Skeleton Army/Minion Horde(on the tank) (counter) (Tank+Graveyard)
- Arrows(obviously) (counter) (Miner+Minion)
- Minion Horde+Hog Rider+Freeze (counter push) (Hog+Valk)