Hello people of the Internet, my name's Bane of Potato and I just recently (29 Jan 2016) bought the Miner after waiting 22 days! So, after playing around with different decks I've come up with this Tourney Deck. It utilises the powerful GraveDigger combo to wreck towers, along with other bottles of fun sauce.
Disclaimer: This deck is original and of my own creation. Any similarities to other decks online are purely coincidental. Please don't accuse me of plagiarism :(
Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments section below :)
- Page Created by: Bane of Potato
- Minimum Recommended King Level: 6
- Maximum Recommended King Level: 13
- Arena Required: Builder's Workshop
- Average Elixir Cost: 3.5
- Miner: For just 3 elixir, you can place this tanky troop anywhere in the arena to chip buildings and tank for your weaker troops. It can synergise with pretty much any card and is used for the powerful GraveDigger combo.
- Mini P.E.K.K.A.: With the rise of the Executioner (incredibly broken), we need the Mini P.E.K.K.A. to take it out. And any other non-swarm card and any splashers. It is a glass cannon so you should tank it with Miner, but it's not so fragile that it can't tank for Graveyard.
- Minions: They terrorise ground troops and can usually be used to take out most non-air targeting troops with the assistance of you Crown Tower. They are also one of your defences against Lava Hounds and Balloons. They can easily be turned into a dangerous counter-push with Miner and can rack up absurd amounts of damage.
- Goblins: For one extra elixir, you get a straight upgrade form Skeletons. Goblins should mostly be used either with Mini P.E.K.K.A., or on defence. The Goblins primary goal is to take out Musketeer, Mini P.E.K.K.A.... yeah, that's about it.
- Graveyard: A high-risk, high-reward card. For five elixir, it can synergise with Inferno Tower to take out all ground-based momentum pushes and melt through towers in a GraveDigger combo. On the other hand, it can flop terribly and result in a laugh emoji and a large negative elixir trade. Take your pick.
- The Log: The best positive elixir trader in the game. When timed right, it can take out Princess, Ice Wizard, Goblin Barrel, Archers, Wizards, and Skeleton Army directly or with the help of a Crown Tower. It's unique casting mechanic provides valuable area denial when pushing with Mini P.E.K.K.A., and stuns/knocks back troops. It should be used with Mini P.E.K.K.A., unless the opponent has Princess, in which case you reserve it solely for her unless certain situations require it.
- Fireball: Sometimes, the cards stated above just aren't enough to do the job. Fireball is one of the best ways to shut down a large push, including air units. You may struggle to fit all the priority targets into it's rather small radius, but with practice, you'll be floating on positive elixir trades! In overtime, if they counter your GraveDigger with Minions/Minion Horde, try to place a prediction Fireball as fast as you can. Also, if you see a Princess or Musketeer walking down the back, FIREBALL IT! You severely damage/kill the troop and get damage on their Crown Tower.
- Inferno Tower: Due to the possible rise of momentum pushes again, Inferno Tower will probably be our saviour against Bowler, Executioner, Royal GG, and Giant. Make sure to keep an eye on ranged and air units as they can deal damage to your Inferno Tower while your busy trying to roast the tank and distract/kill the support units. People get mad that Inferno Tower shuts them down, but that's exactly what this tower was built for!
With the rise of Executioner, Mega Minion will be able to take him out, as he is less susceptible to splash than his non-helmet wearing underlings. However, he is less of an offensive card, and should primarily be used for defence.
Not everyone has Graveyard, but this card is pretty much the flying variant of the card. Both dish out a bunch of damage to the tower but Minion Horde can act as a powerful defence which can easily be turned into a counter push with Miner. However, Minion Horde is weak against splash and anything stronger than Arrows.
If Fireball is a bit too expensive for your taste, try these (drugs(jk)). They have a much wider range so less chance of you screwing up. It is yields a higher elixir trade to Minion Horde and an equal one to Minions. This card should primarily be used as an air defence. And Lava Pups.
A high-risk, high reward card. On one hand, it can make your troops lethal and nullifies the opponent's defences. However, this card basically encourages your opponent to build a larger counter-push, so you'll need to make sure you have enough troops on the field to take out theirs (and hopefully the tower as well). Should be used with all Graveyard combos.
Not everyone has Miner so use this card as a replacement. It packs a lot more punch but it is more expensive to cycle your cards. I suggest looking at my Frozen GraveRider deck if you wish to.
Start of Match
At the start of the match, depending on the cards in your hand, you can have a choice of 3 openers.
- Chip their tower with Minions/Goblins
- Do a Miner+Minions push
- GraveDigger the moment you have 8 Elixir
- Mini P.E.K.K.A.+Graveyard. This push is where they have to react to the growing number of Skeletons on their tower and deal with the highly damaging Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- Play it safe and stare the opponent out.
If you played any from 1-4, counter their counter with Goblins/Minions/Mini P.E.K.K.A./The Log/Fireball. They might be daring and place a tank, in which case you need to use Inferno Tower. If you countered with any troop, tank for them with Miner. This will make the residual troops so much more lethal.
Main Counters to this Deck and How to Deal with Them
- Executioner: The most broken card in the game right now, he'll shut down everything. You have to deal with him by using Inferno Tower, Mini P.E.K.K.A., or Mega Minion when he's on your side.
- Minions/Minion Horde/Barbarians: They will most definitely shut down your GraveDigger combo, but you have Fireball! Cripple the lot and get some extra damage on the tower!
- Valkyrie: You'll have to bide your time and strike when the opponent's Valkyrie is out of cycle.
- Princess: By the power of The Log, I condemn you to the most retarded death of all! Or use Fireball if she really bothers you.
Please note that cards are in order of placement. These are only suggestions and can be changed to fit the situation. More obvious counters have not been stated.
- Miner+Goblins/Minions (chip?)
- Miner+Graveyard (primary win condition)
- Mini P.E.K.K.A.+Goblins (rush)
- Miner+Mini P.E.K.K.A. (rush)
- Mini P.E.K.K.A.+Graveyard (secondary win condition)
- Inferno Tower+Goblins(distraction)+Mini P.E.K.K.A.(support killer) (Momentum Push counter)
- Inferno Tower+Miner(distraction)+Fireball (Lava Hound push counter)
- Inferno Tower+Minions+Fireball (LavaLoon/Giant Balloon counter)
- Inferno Tower+Goblins (Elite Barbarians counter)
- Goblins+Mini P.E.K.K.A. (Elite Barbarians counter) (Prince counter)
- The Log+Mini P.E.K.K.A. (Prince counter)