Earn Chests to obtain Gold, Gems, and Cards. Chests won from battles must be unlocked before you can receive their contents. Unlocking a chest takes a certain amount of time. Alternatively, the wait can be skipped using some Gems, or hastened using boosters from the Shop. Each player has four chest slots, so you can only have up to four chests waiting at a time. It is still possible to battle when your chest slots are full, but no chests will be won, only Gold and Crowns. Chests always contain cards from the Arena the player earned them in and below except for Legendary Chests, which can contain a Legendary Card from any Arena. Unlocking a new Arena (apart from the Legendary Arena) adds new Cards to the Chest rewards — none are taken out.
The rarer a card is, the less likely it is that a given chest will award an extra card of that rarity.
- Rare Cards are about 10 times rarer than Common Cards.
- Epic Cards are about 20 times rarer than Rare Cards and about 200 times rarer than Common Cards.
- Legendary Cards are about 20 times rarer than Epic Cards, about 400 times rarer than Rare Cards and about 4000 times rarer than Common Cards. Source
- Any chest besides Legendary Chests can contain Epic Cards.
- Any chest from P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse (Arena 4) or higher besides Epic Chests can contain a Legendary Card.
- Check out Pixel Crux's Card Chance Calculator to find out the probability of getting cards of a given rarity in a certain chest.
- Wooden Chests are awarded through the tutorial when a player is in Training Camp, therefore only containing Training Camp Cards.
- Each Wooden Chest contains 3 Cards and about 18 Gold, but takes only 5 seconds to open.
- Each account can only open 4 Wooden Chests.
- The 3rd Wooden Chest guarantees an Epic Card.
- Free Chests are available in Daily Gift Quests, in which you get three free gifts that you can get one by one, usually containing Free Chests.
- Technically, Free Chests can be opened instantly. However, there's a 4-hour waiting time between the free gifts.
- Free Chests can contain 2-3 Gems.
- Free Chests have the same appearance as a Wooden Chest.
- The Crown Chest is unlocked after you win 10 Crowns in battles.
- The Crown Chest has a 24-hour cool-down that starts as soon as the previous one becomes available. This allows for a new Chest to be opened at the same time every day.
- Uncollected chests will stack (maximum 2). Note that when two chests are stacked, Crowns from one Chest can overflow to the next after the first one is achieved.
- After you have 2 Crown Chests waiting, the timer for the next Crown Chest will not begin until you collect one of your waiting Crown Chests.
- Crown Chests always contain 2-4 Gems.
- Crown Chests can contain twice the Gold and Card by buying boosts from Shop.
|Locked||Unlocking||Ready to open|
- Silver Chests are the most common type of chest won through battles.
- There are 180 Silver Chests in the 240-Chest Cycle (see Chest Cycle).
- Silver Chests guarantee a few Common Cards as well as a rare if the player is in Spell Valley or above.
- Silver Chests take 3 hours or 18 gems to unlock.
- Golden Chests are the second most common chest won through battles.
- There are 52 golden chests in the 240-Chest Cycle (see Chest Cycle).
- Golden chests guarantee 2 or more Rare Cards depending on the player's arena as well as a few Common Cards.
- Golden chests take 8 hours or 48 gems to unlock.
- Magical Chests are the third most common chest won through battles, tied with Giant Chests, though they are much rarer than Golden or Silver chests.
- There are 4 Magical Chests in each 240-Chest Cycle (see Chest Cycle). Magical Chests appear as the the 8th, 80th, 128th, and 200th chest in the cycle.
- Magical Chests guarantee 2 or more Epic Cards, depending the player's Arena, as well as a few Rare Cards and Common Cards.
- Magical Chests take 12 hours or 72 gems to unlock.
- Giant Chests are the third most common chest won through battles, tied with Magical Chests, though they are much rarer than Golden or Silver Chests.
- There are 4 Giant Chests in each 240-Chest Cycle (see Chest Cycle). Giant Chests appear as the 48th, 155th, 187th, and 227th chest in the cycle.
- Giant Chests guarantee a large number of Rare Cards and Common Cards and have a high chance of containing an Epic Card.
- Giant Chests take 12 hours or 72 gems to unlock.
Super Magical Chest
- Super Magical Chests are one of the 3 rarest chests won through battles, tied with Epic and Legendary Chests.
- Super Magical Chests are not part of the regular chest cycle (see Chest Cycle).
- Super Magical Chests have a high chance of containing a Legendary Card given the chest is from P.E.K.K.A.'s Playhouse or above.
- Super Magical Chests take 24 hours or 144 gems to unlock.
- Epic Chests are one of the 3 rarest chests won through battles, tied with Super Magical and Legendary Chests.
- Epic Chests are not part of the regular chest cycle (see Chest Cycle).
- Epic Chests guarantee Epic Cards only and do not contain cards of any other rarity.
- Epic Chests take 12 hours or 72 gems to unlock.
- Epic Chests can be bought in special offers in the Shop for 3,000 to 10,000 gold depending on the your Arena with higher Arenas having the higher costs. Consequently, cards from Epic Chests from higher Arenas contain more Epic Cards, ranging from 6 to 20. The special offer appears every couple of weeks and last 24 hours.
- Legendary Chests are one of the 3 rarest chests won through battles, tied with Super Magical and Epic Chests.
- Legendary Chests are not part of the regular chest cycle (see Chest Cycle).
- Legendary Chests contain one Legendary Card from any Arena, allowing one to obtain Cards in higher Arenas.
- Legendary Chests take 24 hours or 144 gems to unlock.
- Legendary Chests can be bought from special offers that appear in the shop every couple of weeks once a player reaches Arena 4 (P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse) or above for 500 gems. The offer appears less often than Epic Chest offers. The offers last for 24 hours.
- The Lightning Chest allows you to replace card stacks of your choice using up to 2 "Strikes" for Arenas 1-2, 3 "Strikes" for Arenas 3-4, 4 "Strikes" for Arenas 5-8, and 5 "Strikes" for Arenas 9-12.
- The Lightning Chest works similarly to any other chest until the last card stack has been revealed. Thereafter, the player can choose to replace undesired card stacks with others using the Lightning Chest's "Strikes", by tapping on the undesired stack. Doing so will cast a lightning bolt onto the stack, replacing it with another stack of the same size and same rarity. For instance, a stack of 10 Valkyrie cards can be replaced by a stack of 10 Battle Ram cards.
- The player is not obliged to use all of the chest's "Strikes". If the player is already satisfied with the contents, then the player can tap the "Skip" button to finalise the chest's contents without using the remaining "Strikes". Using up all the "Strikes" will also finalise the chest's contents.
- It can be bought in the Shop and unlocked in Quests.
- Lightning Chests can be bought in the Arena Packs from the Shop upon reaching the following arenas: Arena 2 (Bone Pit), Arena 3 (Barbarian Bowl) and Arena 4 (P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse), all costing $0.99 USD.
- At Arena 5 or above, the Fortune Chest gives you a glimpse of the future and see what the Chest might contain.
- It contains at least two of four stacks that were shown before opening; usually one stack for each rarity of card. For example, if the Fortune Chest shows Barbarians, Fireball, Lightning and Lumberjack, it will have at least two of these stacks for the player when opened. Note that it is possible that the player gets more than two stacks shown, for example, Barbarians, Fireball and Lightning cards in the chest.
- It can be bought in the Shop for 750 gems.
King's Chest / Legendary King's Chest
- The King's Chest is available at Arenas 1-6 and contains a huge number of Epic Cards, but doesn't have the Draft options.
- The Legendary King's Chest is available at Arenas 7-12 and guarantees a Legendary Card as well, and like in the Draft Chest, the player has a choice between two cards of the same rarity.
- They can be bought in the Shop. The Legendary King's Chest can appear in a player's Quests once the player reaches Arena 7. If it appears, even if the player drops to Arena 6 or lower, it remains being an Arena 7 Legendary King's Chest, a feature unique to this Chest.
- King's Chests can be bought in the Arena Packs from the Shop upon reaching the following arenas: Arena 5 (Spell Valley) and Arena 6 (Builder's Workshop), both costing $4.99 USD.
- Legendary King's Chests can be bought in the Arena Packs from the Shop upon reaching the following arenas: Arena 7 (Royal Arena), Arena 8 (Frozen Peak), Arena 9 (Jungle Arena), Arena 10 (Hog Mountain), and Arena 11 (Electro Valley), all costing $9.99 USD.
- Main article: Trophies#Leagues
- Draft Chests are obtained by finishing a season in a League.
- At the end of each monthly season, players in Leagues will receive a Draft Chest. The amount of Gold and Cards in a Draft Chest depends on the highest League the player has reached in the season, rather than the League the player finishes the season in.
- For each card stack, the player has a choice between two cards of the same rarity. Both of these cards come in the same quantity. For example, the player may have to choose between 10 Poison cards and 10 Goblin Barrel cards for a particular pair.
- Each Draft Chest guarantees one Legendary Card from Master II League and higher.
- An Ultimate Champion Draft Chest is offered to players upon reaching Arena 12 (Legendary Arena) as a one-time special offer in the Shop. It costs $24.99 USD.
- Main article: Tournament
- Challenge Chests are won by playing a Victory Challenge.
- Gaining more wins results in receiving a Challenge Chest that contains more Cards and Gold.
- Main article: Tournament#Custom Tournament Chests
- Tournament Chests are won by placing in a high position at the end of a Tournament.
- Reaching a higher position results in receiving a Tournament Chest that contains more Cards and Gold.
Clan War Chest
- Main article: Clan Wars
- At the end of every Clan War Season you'll earn a War Chest.
- Your War Chest is based on your Clan League and the highest ranked war you participated in during the season.
- Achieve a better rank or higher league to earn a bigger chest.
- Chests are not determined by chance, they are determined by a 240-chest cycle. The cycle begins after you get all four Wooden Chests from the tutorial; the first Silver Chest in the cycle is gained in the final tutorial battle.
- The cycle only advances if you have at least one chest slot empty. You must have a chest slot open to get the next chest and move forward in the cycle.
- There are 180 Silver Chests, 52 Golden Chests, 4 Magical Chests, and 4 Giant Chests in the 240 chests cycle.
- Super Magical, Epic, and Legendary Chests are on a separate cycle.
- After the player reaches 400 Trophies, which is the entrance point to Arena 2, the Special Chests cycle will begin counting the number of chests that the player obtains through the regular chest cycle.
- This cycle is 500 chests long. At random points in those 500 chests, a Super Magical Chest, an Epic Chest, and a Legendary Chest will be awarded. The Super Magical Chest can drop at any point in the 500 chest cycle, and only one of the Super Magical Chest can be won per batch of 500 chests. However, the player needs to go through one special chest cycle before they are eligible for a Super Magical.
- A Super Magical Chest, an Epic Chest and a Legendary Chest begin to appear in the Special Chests Cycle at 400, 1100 and 2000 Trophies respectively, which are the entrance points to Arenas 2, 4 and 7, to be added to the Special Chest Cycle.
- Dropping below the relevant trophy level will not stop or reset the respective cycles.
- When any of these chests are earned, it will replace the chest that you would have obtained from the regular chest cycle.
- On 2/2/16, an update reduced the amount of Gold available in Chests, to compensate for the removal of paying Gold to battle.
- On 9/2/16, a Balance Update increased the rewards in Chests from Arenas 3-7 but also increased the gem costs to buy them from the shop.
- On 29/2/16, an update added the Giant and Super Magical Chests. Before it, Silver and Golden Chests were available in the Shop in place of the Giant and Super Magical Chests.
- On 3/5/16, an update doubled the rewards of the Crown Chest and doubled the chance of getting a Super Magical Chest.
- It also reduced the gold in all chests by 20%, with the exception of Crown and Free chests.
- In addition, it modified the chest cycle to have one extra Giant Chest and one extra Magical Chest, at the cost of two Golden Chests.
- Furthermore, before this update, the Super Magical Chest cycle was 1000 Chests long, the update effectively cutting it in half, and resetting all players' locations in the cycle.
- On 4/7/16, an update made a small tweak to Gold in chests. It also added a new type of Chest: the Tournament Chest, won by placing in the top 20% of a tournament.
- On 19/9/16, an update added the Epic and Legendary chests.
- It also made Crowns overflow to the next Crown Chest when 2 Crown Chests are available.
- For example, if you have 9 Crowns then get a 3 Crown win, the next Crown Chest will have 2 Crowns filled from the overflow.
- On 15/12/16, an update reworked the Epic Chest, making its contents scale by Arena rather than containing 10 Epic cards regardless of Arena. It also added the Clan Chest.
- On 13/3/17, the March 2017 Update allowed Crowns from Challenges to contribute to the Crown Chest.
- On 14/3/17, a Magical Chest was given free to every player to celebrate a one-year anniversary.
- On 15/5/17, a maintenance break has changed the amounts of Gold in Giant, Magical and Super Magical Chests to be fixed to 7 times the amount of Cards (was randomly between 5-7 times before that).
- On 12/6/17, the March 2017 Update unified the Clan Chest and the Clan Battle Chest, and decreased the amount of Gold in Giant Chests by 63%, the amount of Cards by 13% but increased the guaranteed Rare Cards by 75%. It also increased the amount of Gold in Magical Chests by 43% and the amount of Gold in Super Magical Chests by 29%. This update also changed the starting chests as follows:
- Time to open each Wooden Chest: 5 seconds (from 15 seconds)
- Content of each Wooden Chest: 18 Gold and 3 Cards (from 11-13 Gold and 2 Cards)
- Starting Chest sequence: 4 Wooden - 2 Silver - 1 Golden - 4 Silver - 1 Magical ... (from 6 Wooden - 3 Silver - 1 Golden - 2 Silver - 1 Golden - 4 Silver - 1 Magical ...) which means 6 Chests are removed from the sequence.
- Because of this, all players' positions in the 240-Chest cycle moved forward by 6 places.
- On 9/10/17, Free Chests were removed and daily rewards became a part of Quests. However, there is a quest that gives free chests.
- On 12/12/17, the Electrifying Update brought three new chests: Lightning Chest, Fortune Chest and King's/Legendary King's Chest.
- On 25/4/18, the April 2018 Update removed the Clan Chest. It also increased the guaranteed Card stacks in Fortune Chests to two (from one) and replaced some Arena Packs' Chests with Lightning and (Legendary) King's Chests.
- On 20/6/18, the June 2018 Update reworked some Chests:
- Silver Chests: Gold +50%, Total Cards +20%, Rare Cards +60%
- Golden Chests: Gold x2, Total Cards -20%, Rare Cards x2
- Crown Chests: Gold +60%, Total Cards -20%, Rare Cards +33%, Epic Cards +33%
- Magical Chests: Gold +7%, Total Cards -33%, Rare Cards -33%, Epic Cards x2
- Giant Chests: Gold x3
- War Chests: Gold x2
- Only Free and Crown Chests can contain Gems.
- Instantly opening a chest always costs 1 Gem per 10 minutes, rounded up. Skipping longer waiting time doesn't decrease the gem cost divided by time. If you decide to instantly unlock a chest, the best times to unlock it are every 10 minutes after receiving it.
|Chest||Time/Cost to unlock||Obtained by|
|5 seconds (Wooden Chest) / Instant (Free Chest)|
|3 hours or 18 *|
|8 hours or 48 *|
|12 hours or 72 *|
|12 hours or 72 *|
Super Magical Chest
|1 day or 144 *||
|12 hours or 72 *|
|1 day or 144*|
Legendary King's Chest
*These Chests require time to open only when opened from a chest slot; these Chests gained in any other ways can be opened instantly. The gem costs to instantly open these chests are determined by duration left.
|Chest||Arena||Gold||Total cards||Guaranteed cards|
|Goblin Stadium||21-24||3||No Rare or Epic cards guaranteed.|
|Frozen Peak||70-80||10||1 Rare|
|Goblin Stadium||28-32||4||No Rare or Epic cards guaranteed.|
|Spell Valley||63-72||9||1 Rare|
|Legendary Arena||126-144||18||2 Rares|
|Goblin Stadium||112-128||8||2 Rares|
|Barbarian Bowl||196-224||14||3 Rares|
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||224-256||16||4 Rares|
|Builder's Workshop||294-336||21||5 Rares|
|Frozen Peak||364-416||26||6 Rares|
|Jungle Arena||392-448||28||7 Rares|
|Electro Valley||462-528||33||8 Rares|
|Goblin Stadium||224-256||16||2 Rares|
|Bone Pit||308-352||22||3 Rares|
|Barbarian Bowl||378-432||27||4 Rares|
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||448-512||32||5 Rares|
|Spell Valley||518-592||37||6 Rares|
|Builder's Workshop||588-672||42||7 Rares|
|Frozen Peak||714-816||51||8 Rares|
|Jungle Arena||784-896||56||9 Rares|
|Hog Mountain||854-976||61||10 Rares|
|Electro Valley||924-1,056||66||11 Rares|
Boosted Crown Chest
|Goblin Stadium||448-512||32||5 Rares|
|Bone Pit||602-688||43||7 Rares|
|Barbarian Bowl||756-864||54||9 Rares|
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||896-1,024||64||10 Rares|
|Spell Valley||1,036-1,184||74||12 Rares|
|Builder's Workshop||1,162-1,328||83||13 Rares|
|Royal Arena||1,302-1,488||93||15 Rares|
|Frozen Peak||1,428-1,632||102||17 Rares|
|Jungle Arena||1,568-1,792||112||18 Rares|
|Hog Mountain||1,708-1,952||122||1 Epic + 20 Rares|
(2% chance of containing a second epic)
|Electro Valley||1,834-2,096||131||1 Epic + 21 Rares|
(9% chance of containing a second epic)
|Legendary Arena||1,974-2,256||141||1 Epic + 23 Rares|
(18% chance of containing a second epic)
|Goblin Stadium||320||20||2 Epics + 4 Rares|
|Bone Pit||432||27||2 Epics + 5 Rares|
(70% chance of containing a third epic)
|Barbarian Bowl||544||34||3 Epics + 6 Rares|
(40% chance of containing a fourth epic)
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||640||40||4 Epics + 8 Rares|
|Spell Valley||736||46||4 Epics + 9 Rares|
(60% chance of containing a fifth epic)
|Builder's Workshop||832||52||5 Epics + 10 Rares|
(20% chance of containing a sixth epic)
|Royal Arena||928||58||5 Epics + 11 Rares|
(80% chance of containing a sixth epic)
|Frozen Peak||1,024||64||6 Epics + 12 Rares|
(40% chance of containing a seventh epic)
|Jungle Arena||1,120||70||7 Epics + 14 Rares|
|Hog Mountain||1,216||76||7 Epics + 15 Rares|
(60% chance of containing an eighth epic)
|Electro Valley||1,312||82||8 Epics + 16 Rares|
(20% chance of containing a ninth epic)
|Legendary Arena||1,408||88||8 Epics + 17 Rares|
(40% chance of containing a ninth epic)
|Goblin Stadium||630||70||14 Rares|
|Bone Pit||855||95||19 Rares|
|Barbarian Bowl||1,071||119||23 Rares|
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||1,260||140||28 Rares|
|Spell Valley||1,449||161||32 Rares|
|Builder's Workshop||1,638||182||36 Rares|
|Royal Arena||1,827||203||40 Rares|
|Frozen Peak||2,016||224||44 Rares|
|Jungle Arena||2,205||245||49 Rares|
|Hog Mountain||2,394||266||53 Rares|
|Electro Valley||2,583||287||57 Rares|
|Legendary Arena||2,772||308||61 Rares|
Super Magical Chest
|Goblin Stadium||1,620||180||6 Epics + 36 Rares|
|Bone Pit||2,187||243||8 Epics + 48 Rares|
(10% chance of containing a ninth epic)
|Barbarian Bowl||2,754||306||10 Epics + 61 Rares|
(20% chance of containing an eleventh epic)
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||3,240||360||12 Epics + 72 Rares|
|Spell Valley||3,726||414||13 Epics + 82 Rares|
(80% chance of containing a fourteenth epic)
|Builder's Workshop||4,212||468||15 Epics + 93 Rares|
(60% chance of containing a sixteenth epic)
|Royal Arena||4,698||522||17 Epics + 104 Rares|
(40% chance of containing an eighteenth epic)
|Frozen Peak||5,184||576||19 Epics + 115 Rares|
(20% chance of containing a twentieth epic)
|Jungle Arena||5,670||630||21 Epics + 126 Rares|
|Hog Mountain||6,156||684||22 Epics + 136 Rares|
(80% chance of containing a twenty-third epic)
|Electro Valley||6,642||738||24 Epics + 147 Rares|
(60% chance of containing a twenty-fifth epic)
|Legendary Arena||7,128||792||26 Epics + 158 Rares|
(40% chance of containing a twenty-seventh epic)
|Goblin Stadium||0||6||All cards are Epics.|
(can contain any Legendary card regardless of the current Arena)
|Goblin Stadium||410||81||1 Epic + 13 Rares|
|Bone Pit||430||85||1 Epic + 14 Rares|
|Barbarian Bowl||450||89||1 Epic + 14 Rares|
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||470||93||1 Epic + 15 Rares|
|Spell Valley||490||97||1 Epic + 16 Rares|
|Builder's Workshop||510||101||2 Epics + 16 Rares|
|Royal Arena||530||105||2 Epics + 17 Rares|
|Frozen Peak||550||109||2 Epics + 18 Rares|
|Jungle Arena||570||113||2 Epics + 18 Rares|
|Hog Mountain||590||117||2 Epics + 19 Rares|
|Electro Valley||610||121||2 Epics + 20 Rares|
|Legendary Arena||630||125||2 Epics + 20 Rares|
|Goblin Stadium||1,100||162||5 Epics + 32 Rares|
|Bone Pit||1,200||170||5 Epics + 34 Rares|
|Barbarian Bowl||1,200||178||5 Epics + 35 Rares|
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||1,300||186||6 Epics + 37 Rares|
|Spell Valley||1,400||194||6 Epics + 38 Rares|
|Builder's Workshop||1,400||202||6 Epics + 40 Rares|
|Royal Arena||1,500||210||7 Epics + 42 Rares|
|Frozen Peak||1,500||218||7 Epics + 43 Rares|
|Jungle Arena||1,600||226||7 Epics + 45 Rares|
|Hog Mountain||1,600||234||7 Epics + 46 Rares|
|Electro Valley||1,700||242||8 Epics + 48 Rares|
|Legendary Arena||1,800||250||8 Epics + 50 Rares|
|Goblin Stadium||2,900||240||16 Epics + 48 Rares|
|Bone Pit||3,000||250||16 Epics + 50 Rares|
|Barbarian Bowl||3,100||260||17 Epics + 52 Rares|
|P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse||3,200||270||18 Epics + 54 Rares|
|Spell Valley||3,400||280||18 Epics + 56 Rares|
|Builder's Workshop||3,500||290||19 Epics + 58 Rares|
Legendary King's Chest
|Royal Arena||3,600||300||1 Legendary + 20 Epics + 60 Rares|
|Frozen Peak||3,700||310||1 Legendary + 20 Epics + 62 Rares|
|Jungle Arena||3,800||320||1 Legendary + 21 Epics + 64 Rares|
|Hog Mountain||4,000||330||1 Legendary + 22 Epics + 66 Rares|
|Electro Valley||4,100||340||1 Legendary + 22 Epics + 68 Rares|
|Legendary Arena||4,200||350||1 Legendary + 23 Epics + 70 Rares|