The Bats card is unlocked from Frozen Peak (Arena 8). It spawns five single-target, melee Bats with very low hitpoints and damage. They are the same as those spawned by the Night Witch. A Bats card costs 2 Elixir to deploy.
- The Bats are somewhat like faster, aerial Skeletons, except they cannot be used to pull units that only target ground units.
- They can be a replacement for Minions. However, they have significantly lower hitpoints, slightly lower damage and thus can be killed in one shot by many ground units that target air like the Witch or the Princess Tower. They also pose much less of a threat when used for attacking.
- Bats can be used to counter ground troops like the Knight, Valkyrie, Mini P.E.K.K.A. and Bowler. They can quickly defeat the troops with their high DPS if not countered by spells or splash units.
- The Zap is a neutral Elixir trade for the Bats though they may be used to bait the opponent into using their Zap for other swarms after that, essentially making for a new card to be put in spell bait decks.
- They can be used to counter the Graveyard for a 3 Elixir profit. Be careful, however. The Bats are vulnerable to spells such as Zap.
- The Bats cannot counter the Golem very well because its Death Damage will kill them.
- On 12/6/17, a Balance Update decreased the Bat count to 4 (from 5). The Bats had not been released at the time of the Balance Update.
- The Bats card was made available as a one-time reward from a special Draft Challenge that started on 23/6/17, meaning the card could be unlocked before it was generally released.
- From 30/6/17 through 3/7/17, the Shop had a special offer that Arena 8+ players can buy up to six Giant Chests at the normal price that guarantee at least 40% of total cards (or 50% of all common cards) to be Bats.
- The Bats card was added to the game on 7/7/2017.
- On 11/8/17, a Balance Update increased the Bat count to 5 (from 4).
- On 9/10/17, the October 2017 Update changed the card description. Prior to this update, it read "Five tiny flying creatures with big ears. Having big ears doesn't mean they'll listen when asked to stop attacking you".
- On 24/1/18, a Balance Update decreased the Bats' hit speed to 1.1 seconds (from 1 seconds).
- On 25/4/18, the Clan Wars update changed the description it used to read "Spawns a handful of tiny flying creatures with big ears. Having big ears doesn't mean they're good listeners."
- Bats and the Balloon are the only 2 flying troops with a melee attack range. Although the Balloon is solid melee and the Bats actually have a melee range of 1.2 tiles.
- When the card was first announced, there was a mistake in the description stating there were "Four" bats instead of five, and many got confused as the count statistic stated the correct "5". The mistake was quickly fixed and the description was changed to "Five". The card was then nerfed, changing the description and number of Bats back to "Four". Then back to "Five" as of the 11/8/17 Balance Update.